There are actually two types of memory, short-term and long-term. In your brain, there are various kinds of memory that are stored. Since the brain is so enormous, it requires a system where the
memory can be encoded and retrieved.
name. That can be so embarrassing! Did you know that with a little practice you can actually exercise
and train your brain?
They are simple things that you can during your daily activities that will help you improve your memory and teach your brain to recall needed information quickly.
Let's touch on a few:
1:Stay Organization - You can write things down in journals, notebooks, or telephone books. Taking down notes on complicated information and organizing it to comprehensive
categories can help a lot. You can use words, pictures and words in memorizing information.
2: Involve Your Senses - Though most of us tend to memorize using our visual sense, you can also associate information through using your sense of smell, touch, taste, feelings and emotions. The
physical factor of using your senses helps in imprinting data into your brain.
3:Use Association - Associate data to what you have learned. You can relate information what have you learned long ago, whether it is an update or entirely new data.
4: Practice Focusing - Learning is encoding data into your brain and to do this, you need focus. If you are distracted easily, try to find a place that you will not be interrupted, so that you can
thoroughly understand the information.
5: Be Positive - If you really want to memorize and learn, you need a positive attitude. If you keep on telling yourself that you are a person with a bad memory, it will significantly affect your mental
6: Use mnemonics - Mnemonics are clues that can help us to remember anything through association of the data we want to recall with a symbol, a word or a picture.
Here are some common mnemonic devices:
1. Pictures - you can use microphone to recall your colleague mike or wind for Wendy. Always use positive images because the brain tends to block unpleasant images
2. Words - You can use words that start with the first letter of each word that can represent the initial of what you want to recall. Musicians usually recall the lines of a staff E, G, B, D, and F by
memorizing the words “Every good boy does fine.”
3. Acronyms - These are initials that can create words. Musicians recall the spaces in a treble staff by memorizing the word FACE.
4. Rhymes -Most of us have learned that 30 days hath September, April, June and November.
5. Humour - By giving exaggerated symbols to associate facts and figures can be pleasing to brain coding because it is funny and it will be easier to remember.
These are some of the simple ways that you can train your brain and improve your memory. Practice using these methods and you can be sure that you will on your way to having a sharper and much better memory. Make sure you look for your next issue soon. We are going to talk about how healthy habits will improve your memory.
Sign up for more posts.